Saturday, January 30, 2010

Turn Todays Roast into Tomorrows Tacos

This is a very FILLING dinner!

Get a chuck roast (if you have a large family you may need 2..) but for our family I usually get the largest I can find.

Toss it in a crock pot with 1.5 to 2 Family size cans of Campbells Cream of Mushroom, & about a teaspoon of pepper.

Cook on low for about 7-8 hours or high 5-6 or until it pulls apart easily with a fork.


Mashed Potatoes.. Not from a box!!

For my family of 3 I usually do one large baking potato per person or sometimes toss in an extra.. Peel and dice your potatoes into decent sized chunks boil them. You can toss some salt in or if you want garlic potatoes toss 2 to 3 cloves of garlic in the water.

Drain the water.

I never measure I eyeball everything and do things to taste so add butter (I use a lot), Milk for moisture, sour cream about a heaping tablespoon maybe 2, salt, & coarse black pepper. I have a mixer I use to mix the potatoes taste them and add things as necessary!

Asparagus!

I know you think eeeeewwww.. No!

I usually grab one of the asparagus stalks and bend it, where ever it snaps is a good measurement as to where you need to cut the ends. Then you lay them in a dish and lightly drizzle some Olive oil, sprinkle some sea salt and I have a garlic press and I press about 3-4 cloves of garlic onto the asparagus. Now get your hands dirty and make sure everything is evenly coated. You can either bake this in the oven or toss into the broiler. Just keep an eye. You want them to be somewhat crispy but not overly brown or black =]


Tomorrows tacos!...

Use the shredded pot roast and heat up. Get some corn tortillas and put a healthy spoon full into the warmed up corn tortilla and fry them in some veggie oil. Layer on your cheese, lettuce, tomato, guacamole and you're set!!

My friend Jessie and her hubby made some breakfast burritos with the roast too, just put some scrambled egg with bell pepper and onion in and flour tortilla and they said they were Schamazing =]

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh Jae, how I'm missing your freakin taco's! Oh how they remind me of the Mexican place back in AZ that we love to go to. I can't wait to get my crock pot in a week or two so I can make some!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete